Monday 25 April 2011

Osterkuchen

Osterkuchen, or Gâteau de Pâques in French-speaking Suisse, are to be found everywhere in Switzerland at this time of year- this is THE Swiss Easter cake par excellence. Apparently, I learned from this blog that a consumer test crowned the Osterkuchen purchased from Migros (our local supermarket chain) as the best in the country. Nevermind, it's Easter weekend and I've got plenty of time to bake one.

I found a recipe online here and made a couple of changes to the original recipe. I used shop-bought pastry instead of making my own and replaced lemon zest (which I did not have) with some lemon juice. Now, most recipes I have found used pudding rice to make the Osterkuchen but I used semolina instead as suggested by this recipe. Some recipes also include raisins (yuk!).




Et voilà, my first Osterkuchen Made in Suisse!



En guete ;-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...