Tuesday 17 May 2011

Off day

I tend to be a "half-empty glass" type of person. You say "maybe", I hear "no". You say "it's ok", I hear "it's crap but I don't want to make you cry". Anyhow, I am having an off day. And no,  it has nothing to do with Switzerland coming last at the Eurovision song contest...

I did not get the job I applied for in Zürich. Even worse, I wasn't even invited for an interview. In science, and in research in particular, job openings are far and few between. There likely won't be relevant positions I can apply for in Zürich for several months now. I kind of hoped that this job would work out to solve my joblessness and residence permit situation. As an unmarried trailing girlfriend, I cannot obtain a residence permit to stay more than 6 months in Switzerland. We arrived in January...

I try not to let this get to me but I have been feelish pretty rubbish. Being away from home without Mr T or Alf to cheer me up has made it worse. I have been looking at cute photos of baby animals to try and cheer up but it does not work.

What to do??

Elephant and baby, Mikumi National Park, Tanzania 2010

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a "glass half empty" person too lol..! When things don't go my way, after having a minor tantrum, I always just think that it wasn't meant to be...?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...