Saturday 23 July 2011

A little boat trip

I  get rather excited when I take the boat to go somewhere as I always have the wild fantasy that it'll be just like an episode of "The Love Boat", one of the most naff sitcom broadcast in the late 70's/early 80's. And yes, I LOVED IT! All the episodes were so predictable and the love stories between the cruise passenger were more cheesy than a French cheese course but you had to love it!
The Love Boat crew: who wouldn't want to be stuck on a boat with them for a week?



Anyhow... so I was rather excited on Tuesday morning when Mr T's parents and I set off to go on a little boat trip between Meilen and Rapperswil where we would spend the day. Ferries on Lake Zurich are just a mode of transport like buses and trams are and you can hop on and off them using your day pass. Isn't it great?



So what...we didn't choose the best day to go on a boat trip but then again we haven't had much luck lately weather-wise! Everything was just a different shade of blue/grey!



We didn't get to see the mountains very well with all those clouds but we did manage to spot the house from the boat!

The mountains had their heads in the cloud but you can still the snow on the tops!

Casa Made in Suisse which we only recognised from the water because it had laudry drying on the line on the balcony...stylish!

The journey from Meilen to Rapperswil takes about one hour as the ferry stops several times to let people out/in


It was such a shame that the weather was so overcast as I am sure that the journey is even nicer on a clear day but we did get to breathe some fresh air sat outside for an hour with our jackets and scarves! It was a bit of a relief to see the top of Rapperswil castle from the boat though,  as by then I was decidedly cold!


We had such a wonderful day in Rapperswil! I had never been and did not what to expect and Oh My, did I love it! That's why I am planning to write a couple of separate posts about it so watch this space!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Each time I stop by your blog I get so jealous! Seriously, could you stop posting pictures?? :) Just kiiding. But I am totally jealous.

Stunning pictures as always.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...