Wednesday 9 November 2011

Welcome back!!

Welcome back everyone to a new post from Made in Suisse live from Brugg! The last couple of weeks have been frantic at the best of times organising our move from Meilen to Brugg. We have started to settle into our new ho although there is still plenty to be done in terms of furnishing the place, but at least we have a bed to sleep on… “how many PhDs does it take to assemble an IKEA bed?” could become a new running joke in our household ...
So, it feels like I am just starting to emerge from a rather foggy period which was rather well illustrated by this picture I took from our new living room the other morning. Living so close to the river means that mornings can be quite foggy, and you can just about see the Altstadt (old town) of Brugg in the background with its medieval buildings. I’ll do a proper reportage of the quaint little town of Brugg soon I hope.

In the meantime, I will just share with you today a little housewarming present I got for our new home. Wendy at 1stuniquegifts  (the organisor of Handmade Monday) makes fabulously funny little plaques and I absolutely loved one she had made for a previous customer stating: “A very fine dog (and household staff) lives here”. I found it so funny and, let’s face it, a rather accurate description of our household. I sent Wendy a couple of pictures of Alf and she sent me this plaque to hang in our new house:
 Didn’t she do a fantastic job? This is such a count impression of Alf!

I love the bandana and the floppy ears! I was very excited to open the parcel when it arrived and it cheered me up endlessly at a time when life was quite stressful… Danke schön Wendy!

3 comments:

zsazsazsu said...

Awesome !

Vic said...

Lovely to have you, back I was beginning to miss my Made in Suisse hits! X

Wendy said...

You're welcome! (bitte schoen?) Not sure how I missed this, but haven't been doing a lot of blog reading of late (life and painting getting in the way!). Glad you like the plaque and hoping you're settling in your new home now x
P.S. couldn't find how to do an umlaut on here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...