Saturday 17 December 2011

Green craft

The other day, Hunter & Gatherer (Alf & I...) went for a walk in the woods just up the hill from our house on a mission... we were foraging for material to help me recreate some of the beautiful Christmas decorations you see in florist shops at this time of the year. Christmas wreaths and Christmas plants are expensive everywhere but even more so in la Suisse and I am not the only one on blogland trying to make do with what's at hand (my friend Petit Filoux is an example).

So off we went on our morning walk, and one hour later we came home with some ...

Holly...


Mistletoe...


and pine branches...


It then only took an extra 10 minutes and some pretty ribbon to create these hanging green bunches for my house:



Total cost = 0 francs .

Thank you Mother Nature!

"Hunter" exhausted after all the morning's work!

3 comments:

zsazsazsu said...

even more special if you don't buy but make yourselves I think ! It's very cozy and Hunter seems to enjoy the happy life.

JuanitaTortilla said...

Such sweet decorations!

I bet Alfie approves :D
Or does he not care about interior decorating?

Expat with Kids said...

Brilliant inspiration. Great activity to do with my kids. Fun, fast and easy. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...