Wednesday 8 February 2012

Cold doesn't even begin to describe...

... how I feel everytime I step out of my front door! I mean, we are not the only one in Europe to have been hit by this cold front from Russia, but we are having it bad in la Suisse!

I would defy you to find a working public fountain in our neighbourhood:


and yes, this is a picture of the river Aare half-frozen.


With temperatures barely going higher than -15 celsius during the day, Alf's whiskers actually freeze and we have to dress up for an expedition to the North pole when we go for walks.


I wonder how our garden birds manage in this weather, they certainly seem to appreciate being given some food!


Wrap up warm peeps and stay indoors if you can!

PS: Thank to my friend Ashley for being brave enough to remove her gloves to take these pictures at the weekend!

3 comments:

zsazsazsu said...

brrrrrrrrrr here tooo ... freezing ! But awesome pictures you've made. Still waiting here to make nice pics of the sea that got frozen ... last time was in 1963 !

Wendy said...

Brrr!! We're basking in temps of almost 2degrees here - comparatively speaking, of course. Poor Alf with his frozen whiskers - ahhh!

Ali said...

It does look cold! Here's a little something to hopefully warm you up... I've just awarded you a Leibster Blog Award - head on over to my latest blog post for details...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...