Friday 16 March 2012

A heart-felt apology

Dear readers,


I do hope that there are still a few of you out there reading my much neglected blog and keeping up to date with Mr T, Alf and I in La Suisse. I have known for a few years now that winters tend to be a difficult season for me, with its short grey days and long dark nights and my mood over the winter months is very much altered and I am prone to feeling down and untalkative...

After a brilliant 9 months of sunshine in Meilen last year, the move to Brugg coinciding with the start of winter left me drained and a bit down in the dumps. It felt like I had nothing to blog about, getting to grips with our new home and the daily long commute to work in Bern and the number of daylight hours at the weekend seemed too short to get up to anything crafty. Close family members on both sides became seriously ill; I felt tired, VERY tired and that I would not be of good company to you all...

And then I realised that this winter had been extreme for me in terms of mood and tiredness because of this:

Baby Suisse, early January
I am only just coming out of 3 months of morning sickness and feeling like hibernating; dragging myself out of bed to go to work and coming back to work and dragging myself back into bed. This extreme fatigue wasn't helped by the greyness and cold outside; but now 18 weeks later, the spring is on its way and I am starting to resurface!


So a sincere apology to you all for neglecting this little blog over the last 3 months while I was focusing on getting through a physiologically demanding stage of my life (that is the understatement of the year...pregnancy IS hard work!). I hope to start being back on here on a more regular basis now that I feel able to go about and do more whether in the garden or craft-wise. With the amount of craft books and craft projects I have been receiving from family and friends, I'll be lucky if they'll all be finished before Baby Suisse's 18th birthday! I'd better get cracking :-)


5 comments:

Emma said...

Congrats to you both!

Wendy said...

Massive congratulations to you!! This time of extreme tiredness will soon pass (if it hasn't already) and be replaced with much excitement and preparation for the little one. Wishing you lots of happiness xxx

Anonymous said...

Alfi will have some biiiig concurrence ! :-) a big big big
congratulations !

Expat with Kids said...

HURRAAAAAAHHHHH! Congratulations. You now have something to look forward to as well as a little person that will always make you feel a little closer to Switzerland.
Wishing you all the best for the next 6 months and beyond.
Ingrid

JuanitaTortilla said...

OH MY GOODNESS!
How do you feel? Apart from the tiredness :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...